If you’re a plumber or an aspiring one, then you know how important it is to stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends. Marketing is everything in this industry, and your competitors will always be looking for new ways to outmaneuver you.
This guide is the perfect resource for plumbers who are looking to get ahead of their competition. Learn how to use social media, online marketing, and SEO techniques in your business so you can bring more customers through your door!
Why do Plumbers Need Digital Marketing?
Most people go online to look for a plumber. In fact, 70% of homeowners start their search on the web when they have plumbing issues.
Whether you’re using Facebook or Twitter as your social media platform of choice, chances are that most of your customers access those sites on a daily basis. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your social media strategy is up-to-date and effective.
Twitter tips for plumbers
• Use hashtags relevant to your industry, such as #plumbing or #repair, in all of your tweets
• Make sure you are following other plumbing professionals and brands, as they may retweet or share your content
• Use images and videos in your tweets to break up the text and catch people’s attention
Facebook Tips for Plumbers:
• Make a business page rather than a personal profile
• Post interesting and engaging content on a regular basis (at least once a day)
• Use images and videos in your posts to break up the text and catch people’s attention
• Run Facebook ads to target potential customers
Online Marketing Tips for Plumbers
In addition to social media, there are a number of other online marketing channels that you can use to reach new customers. Here are a few tips for each:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips for Plumbers:
• Make sure your website is optimised for the major search engines
• Use keywords and phrases related to plumbing in your website’s content
• Link to your website from your social media profiles and other online assets
• Set up Google Analytics and use the insights to guide your decisions about what content you should publish and where it should be promoted
Content Marketing Tips for Plumbers:
• Create a blog on your website that publishes new, relevant content regularly (at least once per week)
• Write unique, helpful posts such as “How to Fix a Clogged Drain” or “The Top Five Plumbers in [Your City]”
• Share your blog posts on social media and promote them through paid advertising
Paid Advertising Tips for Plumbers:
• Use Google AdWords to target people who are searching for plumbing services online
• Use Facebook ads to target people who are near your business
• Run retargeting campaigns, which aim to bring back website visitors by showing them targeted content after they leave your site
How Much Money Should You Spend on Digital Marketing?
Like most things in life, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. However, a good rule of thumb is to allocate around 20% of your marketing budget to digital marketing efforts. This may vary depending on the size and complexity of your business, so it’s always best to speak with an expert.
Digital marketing can be a great way to reach new customers and grow your plumbing business.
What Kinds of Digital Marketing Should Plumbers Use?
There are many different digital marketing channels that plumbers can use to reach new customers, including:
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)-
- Online advertising (Google AdWords, Facebook Ads)
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Content marketing (blogging, eBooks, whitepapers)
Learn the latest marketing techniques to make your business profitable
As you can see, there are many ways that you can use digital marketing to help grow your plumbing business. Hopefully, you have gained some insights into the value of digital marketing and I have managed to give you some actionable advice. It’s important that you understand the basics of online marketing and SEO and that you take some time to gain insight into current digital marketing trends but by using a few simple tricks and bits of advice you can easily add more customers to your business- And much, much more!